Wednesday, June 06, 2018

# A Visit to Yoichi Distillery

by Meow

As my bf Jon loves Whiskey, we visited the Yoichi Distillery during our vacation in Hokkaido.
I reserved a guided tour one month before the trip, but I think it is okay to tour by yourself.
The distillery tour is only conducted in Japanese.


Around 1 hour journey from Sapporo, here we arrived the Yoichi Distillery.
You can see the distillery is much older than the Yamazaki one (I went there in 2016).
We toured around the distillery and here are some of the pictures that I took.


The distillery has a bar which served some rare products of the Nikka Whiskey line.
There you can taste these whiskey with a reasonable price.
Jon was very happy when he saw the menu 😂


We tried Taketsuru 21 years (竹鶴21) and Yoichi 12 years.
Although not very rare, we couldn't buy them anywhere 😢


The distillery tour also offered a free whiskey tasting session.
They also gave us distilled water / ice cubes and taught us how to achieve the best taste of various Yoichi products.
Of course, we spent a lot of money in the gift shop afterwards 🙈


The weather turned bad after the tour.
1 hour later, we were buried in heavy snow 👋


The half day visit to Yoichi was fun!
After the tour, we went to Otaru which I was so disappointed.
You may refer to my older blog post here.
Hope you like my short sharing today!
See you soon!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment