Saturday, June 09, 2018

# Lake District Break [1]

by Meow

I kept these pictures since 2017 spring 🙈
Ever since my PC was down, I switched to Mac and I was too lazy to access the old pictures...
The Lake District was such a beautiful place and I missed the place so much.
This post is dedicated to my beloved memory, to remind me of this amazing corner on mother Earth.

We went there in January 2017.
The disadvantage was definitely the light; it turned dark after 4:30pm.
Also, it was quite chilly especially while we toured around the lake.
Luckily, it was sunny during our stay.

Our itinary:
1. Check in our AirBnb in Windermere
2. Visit the Castlerigg Stone Circle
3. Walk to Keswick
4. Lunch
5. Tour around the lake - Derwentwater
6. Return to Windermere for dinner and rest

More information for our trip:
1. Bus transport within the district: link
2. The Airbnb we stayed; 5 mins to the train station, decent place: link

First stop: Castlerigg Stone Circle

We took the bus no.555 to the station Chestnut Hill Opp Nether Place, Brigham.
Then we walked towards the stone circle.


The stone circle in Bath is always in my bucket list but the train tickets are always super expensive.
Castlerigg Stone Circle is a smaller circle but still stunning enough for me.



Stop Two: Keswick

We spent around 1 hours to walk to Keswick.
However, I really won't recommend it as there weren't much to see along the way.
Keswick is a small market town in the Lake District.
We had our lunch in a random cafe.


Third Stop: Derwentwater

The lake was really beautiful; it was sparkly under the sun.
There were a lot of ducks / swans / seagulls... in the lake.
I was chased by a goose for food, so beware not to go too near.
I took a lot of pictures and here are some of my selected ones.


End of my Lake District [1] sharing.
My "Day 2" post is coming soon.
Stay tuned!!


XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment