Saturday, April 28, 2018

# My Disappointing Bits about Hokkaido

by Meow

It seems too negative to write a post on my disappointing bits;
I really am so disappointed on these places.
Before I went to Hokkaido, I browsed a lot of blog posts from Taiwanese bloggers on what's good in Hokkaido, but ended up disagreeing with them.
They are just recommending these places blindly.
Don't think it wrong, I really do like Hokkaido, only not these places.
Here are my top 3 disappointing bits, in ascending order.

Top 3: The Snow Crystal Museum in Asahikawa

This museum has a lovely outlook.
It is a western style, church-like building for site-seeing and wedding ceremony.
However, I don't think it display enough content to claim itself as a museum.



The inside of the Snow Crystal Museum is actually not bad.



Here comes the disappointing part.
This is the so-called "snow crystal", displayed behind the glass windows.
I can only say I know nothing about arts.


I heard some Taiwanese bloggers raving about this Frozen-like selfie room.
The snowflakes on the windows are actually stickers.
I just can't see anything beautiful about it, the whole thing looks cheap.


Top 2: Sapporo Factory

The Sapporo Factory is a mall renovated from a factory building.
It may look good to you, but only in the picture.
In fact, the mall looks old and rather deserted.
I will rather go to the Stellar Place if I want to shop in Sapporo.


My Least Favourite: Otaru Canal

The Canal looks fine but I am just not a romantic person.
I think this just worth a 10 mins stay.
The Canal looks like a ditch to me and I am sure there are other more beautiful canals around the world.
The is no point for intentionally going to Otaru for this Canal.
This is probably too overrated and I will say skip it.


Okay, I am now a critic.
There is nothing wrong if you love these places;
these are just my personal thoughts.
Feel free to criticise me as well (please don't 🙈).
I will write a more positive post soon.

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment