Thursday, March 29, 2018

# Weekend Hiking - High Island Reservoir

by Meow

Disclaimer:
I am not a fan of hiking as I think this activity is not hardcore enough;
normally, I will prefer HIIT, boxing or power yoga.
I hike because of the view.

The High Island Reservoir has one of the most stunning view in HK.
As a Hong Kongers, I often come across city views which I am bored of;
the High Island Reservoir offers a really refreshing retreat for me.
At least, the water is teal, which is very uncommon in my opinion.


Me friend and I started our hike with this lovely MOO on the West Dam.
Our walk was about 1.5 hours to our destination - Hexagonal Rock Columns.


The hike wasn't tough;
only hot enough for us to sweat a bit.
The East Dam was soooooo COOL!


Just next to the East Dam, we could see the stunning Hexagonal Rock Columns.
These folding rocks must be created by plate movements.


Our last checkpoint was the sea cave crafted by the sea waves long before the reservoir was built.


A little but more information of our journey....
We took a taxi from the Sai Kung city center to the West Dam (~HKS$88).
There we walked to the East Dam and the sea cave.
Then we took a taxi from the East Dam back to Sai Kung city center (~HKD$120 + $50 extra charges).
It was an easy hike with great view; I strongly recommend you to pay a visit!!

Hope you enjoy my hiking experience.
See you soon!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment