Sunday, June 08, 2014

# Weekend Project - DIY Faux Zinc Letter

by Meow

Short update on my ongoing DIY projects.
I'd fallen in love with gardening recently;
BUT you know, apartment in Hong Kong is so small...
Anyway, I manage to have my "little greenery" on my window sill...

I'd bought a plain white wooden letter "B" for a sill decor (HKD$29 from Typo).
However, a plain white letter is not my style.
SO, I got an idea from Pinterest.
Although, I am not good at painting, the letter still give me a acceptable look...

Simple steps:
1. Paint the letter black thoroughly
2. Paint metallic silver paint on it; without covering all the black
3. Sand the edges to give a vintage look


Viola!! My zinc letter B!!
I think it looks quite nice on my window sill; what do you think?


End of sharing.
I hope you all like this simple DIY.
FYI, all above pictures were taken with my Pentax K-30 camera and kit lens 18-55mm F3.5-4.5.
See you later!!

Gros Bisous,

No comments:

Post a Comment