Friday, May 09, 2014

# Weekend Makeover - Stenciling on Canvas

by Meow

This should be the first part of this makeover project,
BUT I am not going to tell what am I making over in this episode.
This entry is all about my first experience on stenciling.
The whole DIY is fun and I enjoy it a lot.

I'd bought a small roll of canvas from Taobao (1m for RMB25.8) for this project
(probably for another upcoming project as well).

Before stenciling, I measured the size of cloth that I need for this "Secret Project";
mark it with pencil and cut it out.


After cutting the canvas out, I had to iron the cloth to make sure it is flat.


Here are my tools:
1. Metallic acrylic paint
2. Fabric medium
3. Unused cosmetic brush and sponge
4. Plate covered with aluminum foil
5. Stencil of my choice of course XD


This was my first time to use fabric medium.
I chose a metallic paint as I want the canvas to be grey-toned with a little shimmer.
By the way, I purchased these paint, fabric medium and stencil from Amazon.


Here is my stencil.
I think it is so pretty!!
After fixing the stencil with Scotch tape, I was ready to stamp!


I was not using these Mememe brushes for makup as I have my own set of brushes.
Surprisingly, it worked well for stenciling.


I was just a long long way to go...
I took me 4 hours to finish the whole canvas...


Viola!
It looked sooooooo pretty.
This piece of canvas will be ready for my next weekend makeover!


I hope you all enjoy my sharing.
FYI, all these pictures were taken with my Pentax K-30 camera and kit lens 18-55mm F3.5-4.5.
I love you all!!

Gros Bisous,

No comments:

Post a Comment