Sunday, January 28, 2018

# My White Holiday 2018 - Biei

by Meow

I had been saving up for this winter trip for a long time as I am always longing for a white winter.
This white fluff might be annoying sometimes, but I do LOVE snow!
Biei (美瑛) is colourful small town in the summer because of its patchwork fields;
in the winter, the town is monochrome, covered in a thick layer of snow.
It still worth a visit even it has lost its colours;
especially if you like the solitude feeling of the trees standing alone in the snow.

We chose the bus tour because everything were prearranged and we did not have to worry about hiring the taxi.
We reserved two bus tour:

  1. The Patchwork Course
  2. The Winter Illuminating Course

Here is the information of the two courses.


The first actual stop of the bus was the Seven Star tree.
This tree was named after the cigarette brand; as the commercials put the tree on their packages.
In my opinion, this was just a normal tree 😹.
Don't get me wrong, I still like the tree; but it would better if there weren't any fences around.


I like the nearby tree row.
It was only trees and snow.


The second stop of the tour was the "Snow Sled on the Snow Field" 😓.
I could barely guess what was the attraction until I arrived.
It was a slope where you could play snow sledge.
That was me falling over the snow.


It was snowing heavily when we arrived the third stop.
The Mild Seven Hill was stunning in my opinion.
I really like something showing no tracks of human beings.


Upon our second bus tour, the sun had set (at 4:30pm!!).
There were only two stops for the night course:
First Stop - Shirahige Waterwall.
Honestly, I think it would be better during daytime.
It looked like a big ditch 👋.


The second stop was the Blue Pond.
As the whole pond was frozen, it could only be blue under spotlights.
I think I better visit the Blue Pond again in summer 😿
The lighting was still great though, so as the pond.


It was freezing cold in Biei at night.
You can see our snow train after we went back to Asahikawa.


Hope you enjoy my sharing on the Biei tour.
See you soon!! 😘

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment