Thursday, March 30, 2017

# Going Solo 2016 - 4 Days @ Tokyo

By Meow

Travelling alone is always a checkpoint in my life.
As a beginner solo traveller, I chose a familiar city (sort of familiar) - Tokyo.
As Tokyo is one of the safest city in the world, I'd never worried going alone.
Going to Tokyo is my warm-up exercise, I am definitely going to somewhere else, alone!


 Itenarary Day 1
 1. Suishi Daiwa @ Tsukiji
 2. Mitsui Outlet Park + lunch
 3. Cat Cafe Mocha @ Akihabara
 4. Night View @ Asakusa Culture Tourists Information Center
 5. Dinner @ Toriyoshi

I reserved a capsule hotel in Tsukiji in order to rush to the sushi restaurants everyday.
Sushi Daiwa and Sushi Dai are very famous for their sushi and long queue.
In order to enjoy the most delicious sushi, you need to arrive early in the morning.
My plane landed at Haneda Airport at 5am, so I am able to rush to Sushi Daiwa for breakfast.
I arrived at 6:30am and I queued for 15 mins to get a seat.

Tip: Take the earliest metro to Sushi Daiwa for quicker access to your breakfast 😉




Cat Cafe Mocha is my favourite cat cafe in the world!
Every cafe is clean and tidy; cats are super cute.
Here is a picture of Kizumo; she looks SO alike to Sammi.
I visit her every time going to Tokyo.
She is a PR-cat in Cat Cafe Mocha Akihabara. 😍


I waited for sunset at the Asakusa Culture Tourists Information Center.
I enjoyed a free night view of the Sensō-ji and the Sky Tree from the top of the building.


Lastly, I had dinner at Toriyoshi (Ueno); a restaurant famous for Japanese chicken!
Mr. Waiter there was very friendly, he helped me to cook the dish.
I had a nice chat with him.


 Itenarary Day 2
 1. Owl Forest + Shopping @ Harajuku
 2. Tea + Shopping @ Shibuya

After a good rest, I continued my journey of shopping the next day.
I always longing to play with owls but they are forbidden as pet in HK;
so I reserved a visit to the Owl Forest cafe.
It cost ¥2000 for 25 mins coffee time and 35 mins play-with-owls time.
The owls were so friendly and cute, especially the big ones.


After playing with cute owls, I had a walk from Harajuku to Shibuya.
I ate a lot along the road and of course, shopped a ton!!


 Itenarary Day 3
 1. Suishi Dai @ Tsukiji
 2. Enoshima
 3. Tea @ Bills
 4. Kamakura
 5. Ueno

My 3rd day began with breakfast at Suishi Dai.
I woke up at 4am and arrived the restaurant at 4:45am.
It was cold outside and it took me 2 hours to get into the restaurant.
The sushi was really good, even better than Sushi Daiwa.
If you have extra time to spend on queueing, Sushi Dai is a good choice.

Tip: I arrived at 8am last time and it took me 5 hours for queueing. 😵


My camera was full of moist as the temperature was low outside.


OMG, that tuna toro tasted sooooooo goooooood!


After sushi, I began my adventure to Enoshima.
It is small island with temples and a site seeing tower.
There were not many people around as I was so early (after my early breakfast 😭)


Leaving the island for my favourite pancakes @ Bills.


Passing by a famous tourist spot.
If you like Slam Dunk, you will know this place.


Here comes the pancakes!
They were SO FLUFFYYYYYY!!! 😍


I went to Kamakura in the afternoon.
The day was super sunny and I felt so dizzy because of the light.
Kamakura has a long shopping street which is full of interest stuff.
However, I was too dizzy to tour around;
I just quickly finish my visit and grabbed a drink at starbucks.

Tip: The Starbucks @ Kamakura is very fancy; worth a visit!!


 Itenarary Day 4
 1. Suishi Midori @ Ginza
 2. Shopping @ Ikebukuro + Ramen @ Mutetika
 3. Night View @ Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building

Last day of my trip... I spend almost every single yen in my pocket.
Therefore, I had to find a restaurant which accept credit card.
Suishi Midori was my choice!!
The restaurant opened at 12pm; it started queueing at 11:30am!
The queueing time was acceptable (30 mins) and the sushi was quite good!

After some shopping at Ikebukuro, I went for a early dinner - Mutetika.
I queued for the ramen as well (15 mins).
The ramen was really good and I strongly recommend this restaurant!

Lastly, I ended my journey with another free night view at the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.

Thanks very much for reading my blog!
I really hope you enjoy my journey.
I will be travelling to Seoul (solo) very soon; stay tuned to my future sharing! 😘

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment